Step 1: Collect and put together the documents for a new U.S. Passport
- Fill the DS-11 Application Online
- Key points to make note of while filling out the application [PLEASE READ]
- Please ensure the name on the application needs to be as on your current (lost) passport, if the passport has a middle then ensure you mention that in the application.
- Ensure the SSN is correct, we don't submit a copy of the SSN along with your application (except in complicated applications case) if the SSN on the application is incorrect and gets submitted in that case the dept of state may ask the applicant to provide the original SSN.
- The travel date in the application needs to be within 14 days of your application submission, if you are not traveling within 14 days then please leave the travel dates empty on the application.
- If you have been issued a passport card then those details need to go in the application, if you missed adding those details then the application will be delayed till we submit a new application with the correct details.
- Select the below-mentioned points before submitting the application
- If applying for a passport book only then the total would be $225 and if applying for both (book and card) then the total would be $250 [Above 16 Age]
- If applying for a passport book only then the total would be $195 and if applying for both (book and card) then the total would be $210 [Below 16 Age]
- Passport agent acceptance fees: $35
- Delivery Methods: Standard Delivery (Free)
- Processing Methods: Expedited at Agency Services
- Once done filling out the application, click on the link that says, ‘Create Form’, and a file will be downloaded to your computer email the application to email@example.com
- Please note that the online application would not ask you to make any payment online however you will see a screen where it will show you the total cost of the passport fees.
- Do not sign this application form until you are instructed to, during the application sealing process
- When you print the application make sure you don't print back to back side pages, It needs to be single side printed
- The information from your Birth certificate/previous passport needs to match, a single mistake on your application can cause a minimum of 2-3 business days delays.
- Gather Evidence of Citizenship: At least one of the following must be provided
- Birth Certificate, issued by state, county, or city.
- Certificate of Citizenship or FS-240, DS-1350
- Certificate of Naturalization
- If the child has been issued a passport book and passport card then we would need that as well
- Parental Authority: (Important – If the child is under the age of 16) [This is only applicable if one parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child's passport]
- The DS-3053 form needs to be filled out correctly without any mistakes and the non accomping parent needs to get it notarized.
- We would need the original signed and notarized DS-3053 form and a clear copy of the identification document that was used at the time of Notary (That documents details needs to be mentioned on the DS-3053)
Step 2: Authorization Processing
- Bring all the required documents before appearing in front of an acceptance agent
- This is what you will need to take:
- Completed DS-11 Application Form
- Evidence of Citizenship
- Evidence of Individuality
- Evidence of Urgent Tour
- Authorization Letter
- Passport Photographs
- The $140 Check or Money Order to the ‘U.S. Department of State’
Step 3: Review with us
- Once you have got your application sealed, please give us a call so we can go over a few important things with you.
- Government Fees should be in the form of Money Orders or Cheque
- Service Fees can be in any form including checks, money orders, credit cards / debit cards (Order Form)
Step 4: Get the documents to us
- Drop Off:
- A-Passport and Visa Services
- 747 3rd Ave, Suite 245,
- New York, NY 10017
- We are in the midtown east area, on 3rd Ave between 46th and 47th St
- Mail (Via FedEx or UPS ONLY)
- A-Passport and Visa Services
- C/O Amin Ali
- 747 3RD Ave Suite 245,
- New York, NY 10017
Please make it signature required and do not use 8AM delivery please use 10:30AM or later delivery option.
- Both parents are required to be present when applying for the child's passport. This ensures that both parties provide consent for the issuance of the child's passport.
- If one parent cannot be present during the application process, they can complete the DS-3053 form accurately and have it notarized. The notarized DS-3053 form, along with a clear copy of the identification document used during notarization, needs to be submitted.
- This process ensures that both parent's consent is documented, even if one cannot be present during the application.
The validity period of a child passport, like an adult passport, varies. In the United States, child passports for those under 16 years of age are generally valid for five years & for the applicant above the age of 16 are qualified for the 10 year validity passport. It's essential to note that children's passports expire more quickly than adult passports due to the rapid changes in a child's appearance.