Malawi Visa Requirements
Introducing the Malawi Tourism e-Visa – a convenient travel document issued for tourism purposes, available in both single-entry and multiple-entry options. With a single-entry visa, you can use it once to explore the beauty of Malawi, and if you plan to visit again, you will need to apply for a new visa. This e-visa allows you to embark on various activities, such as sightseeing, spending holidays, visiting family and friends, or attending festivals and social events. The single-entry visa is valid for 90 days, and you can stay in the country for up to 30 days during your visit.
For those seeking a longer stay or frequent visits, the multiple-entry visa is an ideal choice. It permits a stay of 6 to 12 months, depending on your travel plans.
To qualify for the tourism e-visa, applicants must have passports with a minimum validity of six months from the date of application.
Validity and Processing Time:
- Malawi Tourism e-Visa Validity: The e-visa is valid for 90 days from the issue date for single-entry visas and 1 year for multiple-entry visas.
- Malawi Tourism e-Visa Processing Time: The processing time for the e-visa is 1-3 days.
Designated Entry Points:
You can enter Malawi through any of the following routes:
- Airports: Kamuzu International Airport, Chileka International Airport, Mzuzu Airport, Karonga Airport.
- Border Crossings: Malawi – Mozambique crossing, Malawi – Zambia crossing, Malawi – Tanzania crossing.
1. Passport-type photograph: Please provide a digital passport-type photograph taken within the last 6 months, meeting the standard requirements.
2. Passport copy: A clear scan of the information page of your valid, signed passport is required.
3. Proof of accommodation: Include a copy of hotel reservations or lodging details for the entire trip, with the applicant's name on the reservation.
4. Personal invitation: If you are visiting friends or family, you must provide a letter of invitation containing the contact information of the host and visitor, the purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation (including address), signature, and date.
For minor applicants:
- Birth certificate
- Passport copy (Bio data page) of Guardian/Parent
- Form of consent
- Document proof of Legal Guardianship (if not a natural parent)
Embrace the opportunity to discover the wonders of Malawi with the Tourism e-Visa, making your travel experience smooth and memorable.