Ghana Visa Requirements
1. Visa Application Form: Important Note: Please electronically upload the required documents for the generation of your application form. Do not mail any documents to VisaHQ without the generated application form.
2. Signature and Printing Instructions: Once the application form is generated, please note that both pages of your application must be signed by you. Each page should be printed single-sided only. Applications printed or signed double-sided will be rejected.
3. Original Passport:
- Passport Validity: Your passport must remain valid for at least six months beyond the intended departure date from the destination country.
- Blank Visa Pages: Ensure that your passport has a minimum of two blank pages designated for visa stamps.
4. Passport-Type Photograph: Include two passport-style photos with a white background, taken within the past six months. You also have the option to upload a photo for us to print, but please be aware that there is a charge associated with this service.
5. Itinerary: Submit a copy of your round trip tickets or a detailed itinerary covering the entire duration of your trip. Your name must be listed on the itinerary.
6. Personal Invitation: If you are visiting friends or family, provide a letter of invitation that includes the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation with the address, and the signature and date. Alternatively, you can upload a confirmed hotel booking.
7. COVID-19 Vaccination Card: Include a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record card.
8. Yellow Fever Certificate: If you are traveling from an area where yellow fever is prevalent, provide a yellow fever certificate.
9. Host's ID: Submit a valid identification document of your host in Ghana, preferably a valid passport or Ghana Card. Alternatively, a confirmed hotel booking can be used.
- The Embassy of Ghana is closed every Friday.
- All individuals entering Ghana are required to have a valid yellow fever immunization certificate, which may be requested at the port of entry.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are exempt from testing requirements except for passengers originating their journey from China.
- Passengers originating from China must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken 48 hours prior to departure and undergo mandatory testing upon arrival.
- Other passengers, including Ghanaian citizens and non-Ghanaians, who are partially vaccinated or unvaccinated, must also provide a negative PCR test result taken 48 hours prior to departure and undergo mandatory testing upon arrival at KIA
- In addition to the above requirements, passengers may be randomly selected for testing upon arrival.
- Airlines bringing passengers to KIA who are not fully vaccinated or passengers originating their journey from China without a valid negative PCR test result may be subject to a surcharge of $3500
- Passengers in transit or transferring through KIA must comply with the COVID-19 testing requirements of their destination countries.
- It is recommended to wear a nose mask in all airport terminals and ancillary buildings.