Please note: processing of Brazil visas in San Francisco takes 1-3 weeks.
The Brazilian Government has decided to resume the requirement of visiting visas for citizens of the United States. The measure will come into effect from the 1st. October 2023.
A visa is not required for this destination.
Sounds good! What else do I need to know while planning a trip to Brazil?
- First, check the current validity of your passport.
- Second, make sure your passport has blank Visa pages.
- Confirm if a transit visa is required for any connections.
- Check with your airline in case you have connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Brazil. It may be the case that countries you pass through en route to your destination may require a separate transit visa. Please refer to the visa requirements of the specific country.
Additional required documents for applicants of Cameroon and Nigeria origin:
- Birth certificate. Original birth certificate (showing full names of applicant's mother and father) translated into English or Portuguese with the appropriate Certification by Translator.
Additional required documents for applicants of Brazilian Origin:
- Brazilian citizens, even those with dual citizenship, must enter and leave Brazil with a Brazilian passport. If the applicant was born in Brazil and no longer holds Brazilian citizenship, documented proof of loss of citizenship must be presented along with the visa application.