- What is the difference between passport card and passport book
- Passport book vs Passport card price
- Passport book and passport card processing time
- How long is a passport card good for
- I have a passport card how do I get a passport book
- Documents required for passport book and card
What is the difference between passport card and passport book
If you're planning to travel outside of the United States, you'll need a passport. But did you know there are two different types of passports available? Passport book and Passport card. In this article, we'll explore the differences between the two and help you decide which one is right for your travel needs.
The main difference between a passport book and a passport card is their size and the type of travel they're valid for. Passport books are larger and can be used for any type of international travel, including air, sea, and land travel. But passport cards are smaller and can only be used for land and sea travel to certain countries, such as Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. And Passport card cannot be used internationally So, if you're planning on flying to Europe, you'll need a passport book. But if you're taking a cruise to the Bahamas, you will need a passport card.
- Passport books are larger and can be used for any type of international travel, including air travel.
- Passport cards are smaller and can only be used for land or sea travel to certain countries, such as Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
- Passport cards cannot be used internationally.
- Price of the passport book $190 and Passport card $30 (these prices include application fees and NOT execution fees).
- The choice between a passport book and a passport card depends on your travel needs.
- A passport card and book is valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for under the age of 16.
Passport book vs Passport card price
The cost of a passport book is higher than a passport card. As of 2024, a new U.S. passport book costs $ 190 for adults and $165 for minors, while a new passport card costs $30 for adults and $15 for minors. If you only travel to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean, a passport card is a cheaper option.However, if you frequently travel outside the United States, a passport book is a better investment. As you cannot travel internationally with a passport card.
Note that fees added above includes application fee and execution fee.
The execution fees applies to first-time, MINOR applicants and those who need to replace a lost or stolen passport.
If you need your passport quickly, you can pay an additional fee for expedited service.
|Normal fees includes (application fees and execution fees)
Prices of expedited services change as per your demand so plz contact us.
|Add same sentence as above.
Passport book and passport card processing time
The processing time for passport books and passport cards can vary depending whether you have taken expedited service or not . Generally, the processing time for a passport book is longer than the processing time for a passport card.The current processing time for a passport book is 6-8 weeks for routine service and 2-3 weeks for expedited service And the processing time for a passport card is 4-6 weeks.
If you need your passport book or passport card sooner, you can choose to use expedited service, which will reduce the processing time. However, expedited service comes with an additional fee.
How long is a passport card good for
A passport card and book are valid for ten years for adults and 5 years for minors under the age of 16. And to renew a passport book it costs $160 for minor and $190 for adults while renewing a passport card for a minor costs $15 and $30 for adults.
I have a passport card how do I get a passport book
If you already have a passport card and wish to obtain a passport book, you will need to apply for a new passport and pay the associated fees. You can apply for a passport book and passport card at the same time using the same application form. However, if you only want to obtain a passport book, you will need to submit a new application and provide all the required documentation.
Documents required for passport book and card
- Fill out DS11 or DS82 form.
- Proof of identity (drivers license, passport).
- Proof of citizenship (birth certificate, old passport book or card).
- Photocopy of citizenship and identity.
- Passport photo.